Ingredients: 1 Outback Spectrum 2 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue 4 artichokes 1 large bowl of cold water 2 tbsp olive oil 1 fresh lemon Salt and black pepper
- Cut the lemon in half
- Prepare a large bowl with cold water and the juice of half the lemon
- Prep the artichokes by removing the stems and pointy leaf tips from the artichokes. Trim about an inch from the top of each artichoke, brushing each cut area with the remaining lemon half to stop the cuts browning
- Use the bowl of lemon water to keep the artichokes fresh when trimmed.
- Once done, drain, and then steam the artichokes in a steamer on a low heat for about half an hour.
- Drain the cooked artichokes and place in a large bowl to cool.
- Once cooled, cut each artichoke in half and remove the inner pink leaves and fuzzy insides.
- Drizzle each half with oil and then season with salt and pepper
- Place on your heated Outback Spectrum 2 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue and cook for about 5 minutes
- Once the artichokes are done, serve hot with a mayonnaise dip