BBQ Spare Ribs
Ingredients: 1 Outback Onyx 4 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue with side burner 1kg pork spare ribs 1 tbsp red wine vinegar 1 pan of water Salt
For the Sauce: 2 tbsp tomato ketchup 2 tbsp honey 2 tbsp soy sauce 2 tbsp red wine vinegar 2 tsp worcestershire sauce ½ tsp mustard powder ½ tsp paprika ½ tsp chilli powder (for a spicy touch) 50ml water Salt and black pepper to season
- Place the spare ribs with the vinegar in a large saucepan of salted water
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Place all of the sauce ingredients into another saucepan and mix together
- Bring the sauce to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ribs from the water, draining off any excess water, and place in a large bowl
- Pour the heated sauce over the ribs and turn until they are completely covered.
- Leave to cool, turning over frequently to keep the ribs coated.
- Remove the spare ribs from the sauce and keep the rest of the sauce for dressing.
- Cook the ribs on your Outback Onyx 4 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue with side burner for about 12 minutes, turning once.
- Re-heat the sauce in a saucepan
- Remove the ribs from the heat and then cover with the remaining sauce.