BBQ Vegetables with Crispy Topping
Ingredients: 1 Outback Omega 200 Gas Barbecue 1 aubergine or butternut squash 4 courgettes 3 peppers (red or yellow) 8 tbsp extra virgin olive oil A mix of fresh herbs (Rocket, Basil, Oregano etc.) Salt & black pepper to season
For the Crispy Coating: 50g fresh breadcrumbs 50g chopped nuts 3 tbsp Olive Oil 2 cloves of garlic
- De-seed and slice the peppers into quarters.
- Slice the courgettes along their length into thick slices.
- Slice the aubergine diagonally.
- Mix the extra virgin olive oil with the seasoning.
- Brush all the vegetables with the seasoned oil mix.
- Cook all the vegetables for about 8 minutes on your Outback Omega 200 Gas Barbecue, brushing with the oil, until they are slightly blackened at the edges and tender.
- Place the vegetables on a serving plate.
- Chop the fresh herbs and scatter over the vegetables.
- Finely chop the garlic for the coating
- Chop the nuts into small chunks
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan
- Add the garlic, breadcrumbs, and nuts
- Stir over medium heat until golden brown.
- Scatter the nut mix over the vegetables.
- Serve Immediately