BBQ Spicy Beef Burgers
1 Outback Onyx 4 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue with side burner 500g beef mince 1 large onion 4 tbsp dried coriander leaf 1 tsp soy sauce 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tbsp tomato ketchup 2 tsp paprika 2 tsp oregano 2 tsp cayenne pepper 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional for additional spice) Salt and black Pepper
- Peel and finely chop the onion.
- Add the onion in a large bowl and add the mince. (you can use a lean mince but fat helps the burger hold together and stay juicy)
- Mix the onion and the mince together, tearing the mince to break it apart
- Add the rest of the ingredients
- Mix together well, making sure that all of the mince is mixed with the spices
- Shape the mix into 4 equal sizes patties, less than an inch thick.
- If you can leave the mix in the fridge overnight, this will enhance the flavours.
- Preheat your Outback Onyx 4 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue with side burner and place the burgers on the heat.
- Cook the burgers to taste (rare burgers should take about 3 minutes, medium rare should take about 5 minutes) turning once.
- Serve with a bun and salad with ketchup and mustard on the side