BBQ Whisky Beef Roast
Ingredients: 1 Outback Onyx 4 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue with side burner 1 Rotisserie to fit Hooded 4 & 6 Burner 1.6 kg boneless beef joint ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil ½ cup of soy sauce ½ cup of whiskey 1 onion 2 cloves of garlic 1 inch of fresh ginger 1 tsp mustard powder ¼ cup red wine vinegar 1 tsp ground pepper
- Grate the fresh ginger into a large bowl
- Finely chop the onions and add to the ginger.
- Grate the garlic cloves into the bowl
- Add the oil, soy sauce, whiskey, pepper, mustard and vinegar and mix well
- Place the joint into the bowl and turn the beef to cover it completely.
- Cover the bowl and place in the fridge to marinate for between 2 and 4 hours.
- Prepare your Outback Onyx 4 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue with side burner and prep the rotisserie.
- Skewer your beef joint onto the rotisserie and place on your barbeque.
- Roast for between 1 hour and 1 ½ hours depending on how you like your beef.
- Remove the beef from the rotisserie and place on a serving dish.
- Leave the meat to rest for 5 minutes to allow the meat to relax and become tender.
- Carve the roast and serve.