BBQ Asian Tataki Beef with dipping sauce
Ingredients: 1 Outback Spectrum 2 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue 600g tenderloin beef or thick steak 2 tbsp vegetable oil Salt
For Dipping Sauce: 4 tbsp soy sauce 1 chilli pepper or 2 tsp dried chilli flakes 4 tbsp water 1 tsp sesame seeds 1 small spring onion
- Rub the meat with a little salt and oil
- Preheat your Outback Spectrum 2 Burner Hooded Gas Barbecue
- Put a little oil on the grill
- Place the meat on the heat on the hottest part of the grill
- Cook the meat for about 2 minutes each side until browned. The meat should still be raw in the middle.
- Holding the meat with tongs sear the ends of the meat over the heat.
- Tightly wrap the meat in Clingfilm to keep the edges crispy
- Then toss the meat into ice cold water to stop the cooking process
- When the meat is cool remove from the water and refrigerate for a couple of hours/li>
- Chop the spring onion into small circles/li>
- Finely chop the chilli pepper if you are using it./li>
- Mix together the sauce ingredients and transfer the sauce into small bowls/li>
- Remove the beef from the fridge and remove the Clingfilm/li>
- Thinly slice the beef and serve on top of a fresh salad with the dipping sauce.