BBQ Crispy Prawns
Ingredients: 1 Outback Excel 200 Gas Barbecue 500g medium prawns 80g polenta 75g plain flour 1 tsp chilli powder Lime juice 1 clove of garlic 4 egg whites 2 tbsp vegetable oil Salt and pepper
- Shell and clean the prawns. Dry the prawns afterwards.
- Chop or grate the garlic clove as finely as possible
- Put the flour, garlic and chilli powder into a large bowl with a little salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the ingredients well, making sure to break up any lumps in the flour
- Put the egg whites into another bowl and lightly beat the eggs to break up the consistency
- Put the polenta in another bowl with a little more salt and pepper seasoning.
- Toss the prawns in the flour mix until they are generously coated
- Dip each prawn in the egg white
- Toss each prawn in the polenta mix to coat the prawn again.
- Brush a metallic barbecue tray or large sheet of baking foil with a little oil
- Place the prawns on the tray or foil when coated
- Preheat your Outback Excel 200 Gas Barbecue
- Place the barbecue tray or foil with the prawns on the heat
- Cook the prawns on the heat for about 5 minutes or until crisp and brown, turning occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and squeeze a little lime juice over the prawns
- Serve with a sweet chilli dipping sauce.